Sara Werne's Reviews > The Redemption of Althalus

The Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings

Jan 24, 10

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in January, 2010

It is a really good book. A few years ago I would've given it five stars. But well... Let's start with the good things anyway.
I like the characters, I know them. Some I like less, but that's the way it should be. Just have to say that it must have been awfully fun to write Gher, he's like my thoughts. Fast, without any pauses for breath, kind of logic, thinks too much. If he'd lived now, he'd been doing exactly what I'm doing: learning how to type correctly, to type faster to be able to capture the thoughts before they flee and to get them all.
The war strategies. Can't get enough of them. The Arums, and especially Khalor 'cause he's cool.
Religion! It's actually a god among them! And she's not a goddess. Very nice.
But it's too easy. They hardly have any losses. They can bend time, and the past, and the future to their will, and they do.
The characters are sometimes too much, and they get boring. The boy people and the girl people thing, huh, not really a fan.

It was a really nice read, but sometimes nice can get boring (but just sometimes!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Redemption of Althalus.