Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > Heist Society

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Mar 20, 10

bookshelves: my-books, fave-heroines, book-boyfriends, young-adult
Read from March 18 to 20, 2010 — I own a copy

I have been looking forward to this book for months, so maybe that's why I was a little bit disappointed with it. Nevertheless, it was still enjoyable. I liked Kat a lot, which is important for me: I have to like the main character to enjoy a book. I loved the whole "family business" element... I know Ally is a fan of Alias, and I think the book had a similar feel to it, even though it's her other books that are about spies, not this one. One negative is that I didn't like that the back story was never fully explained... I still want to know exactly why Kat decided to leave the business and how she got into the Colgan School. I seem to be a nitpicky reader, but don't let that dissuade you: this was a fun read, and I think it will appeal to anyone who has liked Ally's previous books.

Upon Re-reading:
I think I liked this one more the 2nd time around. I guess I can see why I wanted to know the back story... but re-reading it I just thought it was so fun. It reads like an awesome caper movie, except with teenagers, which is quite possibly one of the coolest things ever. Plus how did I not mention Hale the first time around? He's totally book boyfriend material. Bottom line: a super cool, amazingly fun read with great characters, high drama, and some laugh out loud moments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heist Society.