Cui's Reviews > The Story of My Life

The Story of My Life by Helen Keller

U 50x66
Jan 24, 2010

bookshelves: 10th-grade-q2

Hellen Keller was deaf and blind starting from very young (a year and half old) and yet this book was written by her and it's her autobiography was really amazing to see. Kellers' family lived in alabama and when she was really young, she got this fever which made her blind and deaf. Kellers parent were both trying to find medicine to cure her sickness, and both were also trying to find a way to teach her education. When Keller was 7, Anne Sullivan arrived to help educate Keller making her the author she is today. Keller started learning slowly from the Alphabets to challenging texts by authors like William Shakespeare. I really enjoy reading a book from someone someone who was blind and deaf and it makes me have feeling on the difficulty. It must've been Difficulty for Keller to learn how to read and write, and surprisingly she eventually ended up reading books that I can't even manage to read or understand today!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Story of My Life.