Deborah's Reviews > Nemesis: The True Story of Aristotle Onassis, Jackie O, and the Love Triangle That Brought Down the Kennedys

Nemesis by Peter Evans

Nov 12, 07

bookshelves: biography
Read in November, 2007

I'd actually give it a 2.5, I don't want to go overboard and say "I liked it", but it was definitely interesting and better than just "OK."
Quite an eye-opener, especially for us who were children during these days. Of course we had no sense of the scandal and intrigue, but suffice it to say I was at least surprised by the claims that Aristotle Onassis was the money behind the assassination of RFK.
I actually quite pitied all those poor rich people who hopped from continent to continent, bed to bed, husband to husband. It seemed as though with all their wealth, they were really seaching for happiness. Onassis tragic state of mind after his son's death and up until his own was so ironic. Up until reading this book, I had always thought of Jackie as a fragile madonna-like, larger than life icon. Whew... appearances can certainly be deceiving. It was very enlightening.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nemesis.