Danny's Reviews > True Spirituality: How to Live for Jesus Moment by Moment

True Spirituality by Francis August Schaeffer

Jan 23, 10

Recommended for: anyone
Read in January, 2010

Really enjoyed reading this again after over 30 years. These are some of my favorite quotes:
We do not come to true spirituality or the true Christian life merely by keeping a list, but neither do we come to it merely by rejecting the list and then shrugging our shoulders and living a looser life.
desire becomes sin when it fails to include love of God or men.
The inward area is the first place of loss of true Christian life, of true spirituality, and the outward sinful act is the result. If we can only get hold of this -- that the internal is the basic, the external is always merely the result -- it will be a tremendous starting place.
The moment we accept Jesus Christ as our savior, we were justified and our guilt was gone once for all. That is absolute. But if we want to know anything of reality in the Christian life, anything of true spirituality, we must “take up our cross daily”.
in our thoughts and lives now we are to live as though we had already died, been to Heaven, and come back again as risen
Upon the basis of your promises I am looking for you to fulfill them, O my Jesus Christ; bring forth your fruit through me into this poor world.
Christianity is not to love in abstraction but to love the individual who stands before me in a person-to-person relationship. He must never be faceless to me or I am denying everything I say I believe. This concept will always involve some cost. It is not a cheap thing.
God means Christianity to be fun. There is to be a reality of love and communication in the Christian-to-Christian relationship, individually and corporately, which is completely and truly personal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Spirituality.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bobby In fact, there are a lot of new authors who write about spirituality well. I agree True Spirituality by Francis A.Schaeffer is amazing book. But, I'm sure you have to try paying attention to modern authors.