Barbara's Reviews > Skeletons: A Novel of Suspense

Skeletons by Kate Wilhelm

Jan 31, 10

Recommended to Barbara by: Vanessa McNamara
Read from January 22 to 30, 2010

Perhaps if I had not read Kate Wilhelm's Barbara Holloway legal mysteries, I would have given this book 4 stars. This was an entertaining, mildly suspenseful novel; enough so that I was interested in finding how our main characters made it through the many crises in their quest to find a solution to their mystery.Rather than produce a synopsis of the plot, I mention here some points of interest that Kate Wilhelm has conveyed quite well. Her attention to the scenery of the Pacific Northwest was vivid, with detail that evoked a sense of the beauty of the surrounding landscape. This novel involves racism, hatred and the Ku Klux Clan, which Wilhelm deftly defined to add impact to her story. Many problems were too easily overcome, with the characters finding salvation "in the nick of time". The principal characters were generally likable with a general sense of interest for their goals.

This is the first non-series book which I have read by this author.I am not convinced that my sense of this book is indicative of her writing in other "stand- alones". I intend to pursue her fiction again, based on my former experiences with her writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skeletons.