Tricia's Reviews > Open

Open by Andre Agassi

Jan 22, 10

Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** From the very beginning this book feels like it is honest and open. Sometimes I thought "uh-oh, not sure he should say that". But he did, and I never felt like he was holding back on his true feelings.

Andre seems to have been searching for who he was most of his life. I was happy to see that he was able to find himself and be happy with his life and all the pain, sorrows, heartaches, and the joys, triumphs and love that came with it.

My favorite story is when Stephanie's father meets Andre's father for the first time. I laughed out loud... what a couple of crazy, obsessed guys. Yikes!

My least favorite part... Well, the book is filled with really foul language. It never made the story better, and as in life, it just isn't needed. This was bad enough, but when Andre says in the acknowledgments that this book is for his children adding; "I hope it will be one of many books that give them comfort, guidance, pleasure." I thought, you're kidding, this isn't a book for children. It could have been an inspirational book - but the language ruins that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Open.