Tiny Pants's Reviews > Killer

1381942
Jan 25, 10

bookshelves: fiction, series, young-adult
Read in January, 2010

To get ready for reading this book, I looked back on my reviews of the earlier books and flipped through my copy of Wicked. Just doing that was enough to convince me to go online and buy a copy of the seventh book, Heartless without having even yet cracked open this book (the sixth in the series).

I'm glad I did, because having read this book in one delightfully lazy day (I think I read it in three sittings total), I'm practically panting for the next one. Part of me is always expecting this series to fall off -- for the plotting to get lazy or simply less dense, for me to stop caring what happens to Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily -- but it just keeps bringing it. Admittedly, there was some frustration in this book as many of the clues are more transparent to the readers than they were in earlier volumes, and it takes the characters kind of an excruciatingly long time to make the same links.

But even that was hard to be too bothered by as the plot twists just keep coming! Toward the end of reading this book (having stayed up well past my usual bedtime to do so), I started feeling really physically uncomfortable. At first I just thought I was really tired, but then I realized -- I'd gotten so into the action of the book that the suspense was literally making me sweat. I don't know that I've ever had a reaction like that to a book before, but suffice to say when Heartless shows up on my doorstep (hopefully tomorrow!) I am going to dive right in.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer.