Melissa's Reviews > A Highlander's Destiny

A Highlander's Destiny by Melissa Mayhue

Jan 24, 2010

bookshelves: 100-challenge, 2010-reads
Read from January 20 to 24, 2010 — I own a copy

I loved this book, and even though it is the 5th in the series, I never felt like I was lost. The chemistry between Jesse and Destiny is amazing, and I felt like I was feeling most of what they were.
I am an avid reader of paranormal romance and Melissa didn't disappoint!!

Everyone in Destiny Noble's life has abandoned her and the only family she has left is her younger sister. When the Nuadian Fae kidnap her sister, Destiny uses her dreams to locate her, which leads her to Jesse Coryell, a member of Dallyn's Elite Guard.

Jesse Coryell owns Coryell Enterprises that specializes in tracking down captives held against their will. He takes on Destiny as an unofficial client and promises to help her locate her sister. He is used to calling the shots during the investigations but Destiny refuses to be a docile client with her sister's life in the balance.

Jesse finds her stubbornness intriguing and dangerous. Women have wanted him for his unlimited back account, but not Destiny. She wants him to trust in her visions to help her locate her sister - something that he is not prepared to do. His lack of faith in her abilities causes her to follow her own path even when it leads her into danger forcing Jesse to rescue her.

Review copy courtesy of Sarah Reidy of Simon and Schuster.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Highlander's Destiny.

01/22/2010 page 122