Kieraanne's Reviews > Apple Turnover Murder

Apple Turnover Murder by Joanne Fluke

May 14, 10

bookshelves: fluff-fiction, murder-mystery
Read from May 13 to 15, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Wow. That was quite possibly one of the worst books in this already dull series. I knew who did it and why before the murder even happened. Now that's just sad. I enjoy the recipes in these books, but I could do without the play by play cooking show disguised as a plot. "Spray it with some Pam" "what about this?" "Oh, any non-stick cooking spray will do." Seriously. If you want to write a cookbook, write a cookbook. (No really, I would totally buy it) If you want to keep us interested in the supposed intrigue happening in the lives of your characters than maybe you should put a little more thought into the plot, I'm just saying. The Mike-Norman thing is still going on...really? After Mike proved to be a cad now they're trying to make him look good again and Norman is supposedly stepping out on her? I don't know why either one is with her at this point aside from all the free food. She's really kind of annoying. That said, I'm sure I'll still read the next book...if only to find out what happens with the cliff-hanger ending...though I expect it will be rather dull and not at all as exciting as the author is obviously trying to make it appear.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apple Turnover Murder.