Sarah's Reviews > The Polysyllabic Spree

The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby

Feb 23, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read in January, 2010

Much has been made (by me) about how Nick Hornby "stole" my nonfiction idea, wherein I don't have to do much different than I do now, on ye olde Goodreads, and that therefore I have no reason to continue living/writing/basking in my own glory. Yes, even though he did it first, he's cheating me! Not least because he's actually famous! And makes his living as a writer! And is good! In response to everyone who suggested, hotly, in response to my much-making, that maybe the reason that Nick Hornby got to fame/talent/a forum for undisciplined book reviews/non-self-made-much-making first is that he actually, you know, TRIES: I think you missed my point. My point was that the idea -- reviewing books as they relate to you, and each other, and admitting that book-loving is a frank addiction with all the irrational behavior that entails -- is a really good one. And Hornby does it really well. And I'll try when I'm good and ready, or never, goddammit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Polysyllabic Spree.