Tirzah's Reviews > The Complete Novels

The Complete Novels by Jane Austen

Dec 04, 13

bookshelves: classics, favorites

Okay, hands down, Jane Austen is a genius! Who, on this earth and at the tender age of 21, could write a book as brilliant as Pride and Prejudice? I don’t think I know many people – let alone 21 year olds – who have such a deep understanding of the inner workings of human nature and character and who are then able to portray that understanding in to words on paper so beautifully and perfectly like Jane Austen did in her books – especially Pride and Prejudice. But we certainly cannot forget the genius and beauty of Emma, Sense & Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion or Lady Susan – not that I’ve read Lady Susan but if it’s anything like Ms. Austen’s other novels then I’m sure it’s very well worth the read. Jane Austen is a love story genius – a genius in understanding people – a genius in writing. Jane Austen understood women very well and I believe that’s why we love her so much. Her books are modest and witty, courageous and beautiful and who can resist the charm and simple sincerity of characters like Mr. Darcy? I believe the books are still relevant in today’s society. We can still very much relate to her stories. To say that I am a fan of Jane Austen is to put it mildly. I greatly admire her talent.
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Novels.