Susan's Reviews > Broken

Broken by Kelley Armstrong

In Kelley Armstrong's 5th installment in the Women of the Otherworld series, we are re-united with Elena Michaels, the only living female werewolf in the world, and the werewolf pack of Stonehaven. In order to find a dangerous non-pack wolf, Elena makes a deal with a half-demon named Xavier to acquire an ancient stolen letter. In the rush to get their hands on the letter, Elena and her pack accidentally open an unknown time portal to 19th century England, unleashing zombies, disease and destruction into modern times. The pack must scramble to right this wrong before all hell breaks loose - literally.

I love Elena Michaels! She is the narrator in the first two books in the series, Bitten and Stolen, and she has always been my favorite "Woman of the Otherworld." I am sad that this seems to be the last book from her perspective, but without giving too much of the plot away, I can say that it makes sense to me that her main story ends here in Broken. I want to know more about what happens to her, and I'm sure she will play a part in future books, but things wrap up pretty nicely for her in Broken.

Broken is not my favorite of the series, but it is still a very good book. The story is totally original and continuing character development, delicious. I love the way Armstrong sets us up for the next book with a little more back story on Jamie Vegas. The character dialogue is fantastically witty and at times, downright hilarious - in a good way! Broken is a compelling and fun read that adds new depth to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken.