H.I. Al-Muhairi's Reviews > Evermore

Aug 01, 10

bookshelves: faeries, 2010, supernatural, teenfic, meh
Recommended for: Twi--lovers
Read from January 28 to 30, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I'll go directly for my opinion. I didn't like the book much. I did read it in one day but that's only because the writing was pretty good I couldn't stop reading. Not because of the PLOT, thank you very much.

Ever since Damen showed up and the feeling in my gut (that I was continually denying) telling me that he is just another Edward Cullen never stopped.

I mean, Damen is too perfect in everything, isn't he?

And not just that, but also the way he acts.

He watches over Ever at night (he said it was only once and just to observe her. Um, what the Jug?---fav quote of Haven)and knows how to play any kind of instrument, paints better than picasso, he never eats any food(he keeps drinking the red stuff he always has), and so many other things I don't feel like mentioning.

It was like the whole Twilight series twisted and inspired from.

Now that I finished the book, I know what the author was trying to do. Or at least what I think I know.

She was probably tricking us into thinking that this was another Edward. That Damen is a vamp and she thought it'd keep us away from his real identity (which has nothing whatsoever with vamps)(umm, she was going too far with the red drink he keeps slurping. she could as well scream: Damen is a vamp. when he's actually not)

I would give her credit for some stuff (I'm pretty upset they came at the very end of the book) that weren't the usual things we read (a.k.a her own creations).

I was able to see how her imagination is like (the stuff with the immortals and summer-something place) and wished that she had avoided the edward cullen act from the start.

Steph would never be able to write something better than twi (as if they're that great anyway).

I really wish she's not that poisoned with Twi to write something original for a change.

But overall, it was fine.

And I think many would adore this story but not so sure about me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.