Crystal's Reviews > The Cougar Club

The Cougar Club by Susan McBride

Feb 24, 10

bookshelves: for-review, read-feb-2010
Read on February 23, 2010

The Cougar Club is an absolutely delightful book. I was pulled into the lives of Kat, Carla and Elise from the very first page and by the end of the book I felt like they were my friends. That's how well I felt I got to know them.

It's funny going from reading a lot of young adult novels to one about more mature women (which incidentally are only slightly older than me - and I'm feeling it since my birthday is Friday). But truly there is little difference between teenage girls and older women, mainly the age and some maturity level. Essentially though all women love men, great shoes and friends. That is the epitome of Kat, Carla and Elise who are there for each other in some tough times. Coming back together after quite a few years, these three high school friends act just like they just left each other. As they catch up and guide each other through new stages in life, the main thing is they are there for each other.

The Cougar Club is a wonderful feel-good friend book that inspires and entertains. The characters are well developed and the plot moves smoothly. So smoothly in fact that the pages just flew by.

Women young and old can enjoy this book and I highly recommend this wonderful read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cougar Club.