~Tina~'s Reviews > Angelfire

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Mar 27, 11

bookshelves: own, read-2011
Read from March 25 to 27, 2011

Right on! Looks like I found me another series to devour!

Angelfire is a kickass debut novel that screams amazing!
Love the concept, not only is it unique but it's gripping, suspenseful and action punched with a really sweet romance. How awesome is the twist for this element, not to mention the ideas behind the reapers? Great imagination. I also loved that Ellie's memory-lost got stretched through out the story. It was effective and intriguing.

These characters rocked! While clueless at first, Ellie's transformation is a wonder to see. She's fiery and fierce. The girl can do so much once she started to believe in herself and what she really is. Absolutely sensational!
Will is just awesome and I loved his no-mercy method while training. He's funny and warm and a total badass, but the good kind. I love that they share an old history, an old connection but still pulses alive to this very day. The romance was set at a leashed pace which was refreshing and made it even more powerful some how.

Bottom line, I loved this one. The concept is brilliant, the writing flows in an even exciting pace and the characters are filled with good wit and are ready to charm.
It has all the elements I look for in a good read and then some. I can't wait to see what happens next in; Wings of the Wicked!

Yeah! Bring on the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic Guess what Twinie I just bought this yesterday!!!! I am now super excited to read it after your brilliant review :)

~Tina~ Yay's! I hope you like it! What is it with guys named Will?!? lol

message 3: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Okay another book series I must read. Stop it! I'm going for broke! :D

Glad you enjoyed this one Tina!! Great review. :)

~Tina~ Thankies hun! This book was a lot of fun!

Amber Great review!! Glad you liked this one!

~Tina~ Thanks babe:) Loved it!

Amber I think I'm going to read The Mortal Instruments again after the book I'm reading now. I'm so pumped for next week!!!!!

~Tina~ ~bounces~ I'm reading them now!!! I freaken can't wait till book four comes. I've missed Jace and the gang so much!!!!!!!

Amber Dang Teenie!! Me too!!! ugh I can't wait to get my little fingers on that book!! *bouncing with you*

~Tina~ I'm totally locking all doors and keeping the phone on mute when I get that book. It's been a long time sista!

Amber I'm so with you on that!! We will be on spring break in Florida so I'll download it to my Nook, make the hubby play with the girls on the beach and I'll lay out reading on the sunny beach. With drink in hand of course!! lol

Amber I'll probably get pooped on lol.

~Tina~ That sounds like a piece of heaven...except the pooped part;) lol!

Amber Ugh, I can't wait! We leave this Saturday. So pumped. I'm reading "Because it is Bitter" right now. It's making me crave more!! I hate the waiting!!

~Tina~ That's a cute short story. It makes me gush since I see Jace as a snarky-punk half the time, but when you hear his emotions it's a freaken amazing to see! Enjoy!

Amber It's good so far! I just love them!! LOL The countdown it on!!!!

Amber Okay, I finished it and let's just say I so just wanna skip the book i'm on and head right to The Mortal Instruments now! lol

~Tina~ Ha! I know how you feel, I'm almost to the middle of book one and even though I've read it so many times, it's so easy to just sink back into. Such an epic world!

Amber Yes it is. I just love it and love Jace!!

message 20: by Sophie (last edited Mar 30, 2011 12:16PM) (new)

Sophie Aren't you all a little scared though? I heard somewhere that Holly Black said that this time Cassie was even more cruel to her characters than in the first trilogy. I cannot bare to wait 2 more years to find out the happily ever after.

~Tina~ I'm to excited to be scared lol but, yeah I hear ya.
I guess all we can do is hope for a good plot-arc and trust Clare with our hearts:)