kaoyler's Reviews > Fer-de-Lance

Fer-de-Lance by Rex Stout

U_50x66
Jan 20, 10

This is the first book of the Nero Wolfe series, and I have read every one of them. Archie Goodwin, one of the main characters in the series, is one half of my perfect man. (The other half is Atticus Finch.) I won't put all of the books on GoodReads right now because it would take up a lot of room. But the Nero Wolfe books just make me giggle as Wolfe and Archie work to solve each mystery. Rex Stout's daughter said he never revised once he'd finished a book. He would spend two months walking around his garden plotting the book in his mind and when he sat down to write, that was it. The brains in these books is Nero Wolfe, a brilliant man who loves to eat, weighs 1/8 of a ton, loves his orchids, and never leaves his house if he can help it. The brawn and legs belong to Archie Goodwin, a smart, observant, and wise-cracking man who does Nero's bidding. I love the interplay between these two characters. Sadly, Stout is no longer with us and I must be content to simply re-read what he wrote.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fer-de-Lance.