Melody's Reviews > Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7)

Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7) by Jayne Ann Krentz

F 50x66
Jan 25, 10

Read from January 20 to 25, 2010

Fired Up is the first in the Dreamlight Trilogy and an Arcane Society Novel, and will span all of the author's time periods—contemporary, historical, and futuristic. Chloe Harper reads dreamlight and can manipulate the patterns that exist between the waking and sleeping states. Jack Winters is the direct descendent of Nicholas Winters, former friend then enemy of Sylvester Jones. While Sylvester was working on his formula, Nicholas was working on a lamp—manipulating metals to create an energy field containing extraordinary powers. But the radiation released from the lamp altered Nicholas' DNA, and not for the better. Jack has inherited the rare twist and needs Chloe to help locate the missing lamp and work it to save his sanity. Meanwhile, Nightshade has an interest in the lamp, so, naturally, does J&J. I enjoyed the dreamlight addition into the metaphysical realm. Jayne has successfully interwoven an intricate mystery into her stories while keeping them fresh and entertaining.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7).

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie Kania I have a few of the Arcane Society audio books but don't know if I want to get involved with the Dreamlight Trilogy. Let me know what you think of this book.

Melody I am almost finished with the book and it is definitely still within the realm of the Arcane Society and I am enjoying it. I read all of her books—Krentz, Castle and Quick. The Dreamlight Trilogy will encompass all three time periods.