Meg's Reviews > Izzy & Lenore: Two Dogs, an Unexpected Journey, and Me

Izzy & Lenore by Jon Katz

Jan 20, 2010

Read in January, 2010

*preface - I listened to this book :)

Oh my poor tear ducts! To be honest, I was pms-ing and admist some pretty serious familial stress, BUT, that being said, cried through almost the entire thing. More so than The Art of Racing in the Rain!!! And get this...the author starts the book with the gaurantee that NO DOGS DIE IN THIS BOOK! And he was true to his word. So I guess you can figure out what made me so emotional...? The true and simple joy of it. The beautiful spirits of dogs and those who love them.

I can't say that I LOVED 100% of this book. I didn't. I was not too turned off by the author's admission of and struggle with depression, I too can relate to that, and respect his openess. It did snag a few otherwise perfect (opinion! opinion!) snipets of the story, but certainly didn't ruin them. The parts that could have been skipped for me? Oh gosh, now I can't remember! That's what happens when you read a few books inbetween :) I suppose that since I'm highly recommending Izzy and Lenore that I will leave it at this. Well, this: stock up on kleenexes and don't drive (like I did) while listening to it (too dangerous with such tear blurred vision).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Izzy & Lenore.