Erin (PT)'s Reviews > Meeting a Neighbor's Needs

Meeting a Neighbor's Needs by Qwillia Rain

Jan 20, 10

bookshelves: erotica, kink, contemporary
Read in January, 2010

Honestly, I just feel lied to and absolutely furious about this book. Enraged. What started out as a fairly lighthearted (if questionable) sexy romp between neighbors turned into horrifying, graphic rape masquerading as romance.

The entire book is largely plotless smut...which isn't, in and of itself a problem, if that's what you're in the mood for. But what the warnings describe as a BDSM relationship bears no resemblance to a safe, sane, consensual BDSM relationship and the lack of consent or even the recognition of the protagonist as a person, with the right to refuse turns my stomach. The idea that this might have actually been written by a woman and that she wasn't aware that she was actually writing rape/rape-fantasy disturbs me deeply. I can't recommend this book even a little bit.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meeting a Neighbor's Needs.

Spynonu I agree with you 100%. This book was a big disappointment. I am baffled by the high rating.