Marissa's Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 19, 2011

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, fae, end-of-series, favorites
Read from January 16 to 19, 2011

I cannot believe it’s over.
I am still stunned by all the information we were given, all the revelations...It is so much to process.
Yet, I revel in every thought and feeling that assaults my body, and trust me, there are many.
Absolutely Astonishing!
Breathtaking.
Mind bending.
Heart-wrenching.
I was right. I was wrong. I was stupefied.
I want more. I need more.
I must read it again. Slowly. Savoring every bit over and over.
My chest hurts, my brain spins, and all I want to do is hug this book and dive right back in.
I am ADDICTED and will never get enough!

--Orig. post:
I'm not sure I can wait any longer. The theories and questions running rampant in my mind are going to drive me insane.
However, I just know this book will be amazing...I can feel it in my bones!
108 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

01/16 "Place holding in anticipation of Tuesday!"
01/18 page 1
0.0% "O.M.G. Finally starting!"
04/06 marked as: read

valee Ah Marissa we should start therapy to prepare ourselves for this long waiting,lol.

Sammy Loved it! Can't wait to see what you think!

valee Crap great review hhahaha. I'm dying to read it! SO SO BADLY!

Marissa LOL Thank you. I cant wait for you to read it! We've been dying for this book for sooo long!
I am still just in awe and delirium. I feel it calling me, wanting me to pick it up and devour it again!
(Ive gone insane.)

Kathy It was amazing! I'm so glad I read it before all the spoilers start popping up. I'm exhausted now after riding the Shadowfever rollercoaster.

Julie I agree with the exhausted feeling.. but sitting and waiting to talk about it with someone is almost as bad as it was waiting for this book!

Marissa I know how you feel, Julie. Its like I will explode if I don't get these thoughts and feelings OUT.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ What a ride! I knew this one was trouble from book 1! Hope that the new serie in the Fever world is as good.

Lupita Me too!!I slept so late trying to finish it!!God i just feel like rereading it again and again!

message 10: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. I finished it this morning around 2 am. It was an awesome book. I agree I need to re-read it because I read it too fast, I need to slow down now. Loved this series. A little sad myself that it is over!

message 11: by Miss (new) - rated it 5 stars

Miss There will be a spin-off series I am sure! Can't wait :).

Lupita I wonder who next next series main character will be does anyone know for sure?

message 13: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb I've heard that the first book of the next Fever series will be Christian's book.

Lupita HMMM..interesting i thought maybe dani

message 15: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb I think she's getting a book as well. Perhaps Ryodan too? I'm not sure. I'm just glad that the Fever world will be going on!

Lupita me too=]

Gloria Mundi Great review. That is exactly how I felt at the end.

Cassandra Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?

Because I keep getting this question, I’ve realized I've obviously not answered it to your satisfaction:) I'm going to post here and ask that you all help me in spreading the word around.

I'm currently working on a trilogy that features Dani, Christian MacKeltar, Ryodan, and the mysterious 'Dancer,' set primarily in Fever-Dublin. Each installment in the trilogy is a stand-alone mystery, however there are larger plot arcs unfolding in the background. Where Mac was introspective and her story could feel somewhat esoteric, Dani is down and dirty in the streets. Lots of details, lots of action. There’s a different feel to the two series, totally different vantage points. I’m having a blast writing it.

For those of you who have been worrying—the trilogy is not YA. If I had to categorize it, I would say it straddles the line between YA and adult uneasily. I don’t pull any punches. It may be controversial in some ways. But whose teen years weren’t? LOL! Many of the questions I left unanswered in the FEVER series are addressed in this new series.

Exciting news: I’ve agreed to write two more books after that. Once the new trilogy is complete, I’m returning to the core story begun in the FEVER series, and will resume writing about Mac, Barrons, V’lane, Cruce, the Unseelie king, the concubine, the Song of Making.

All in all, there are five more books coming about the Fever World!

Because I know you guys, I know this is going to make some of you as nervous as it makes you excited. Trust me. I’m making no compromises with the characters or the story. It’s all unfolding exactly as it should, true to itself-which means, it’s a sometimes rocky road. Dark times ahead, guys. But I write it all with genuine love for the characters, the world, and you the reader.

As a final note, quit scaring Dreamworks with your demands for NC-17, LMAO. I don’t write NC-17. You have NC-17 imaginations! Sometimes I think you guys should be telling me stories!

I just wanted to let you know that you can calm down now. There'll be 5 more books to come! I just finished Sahdowfever and was completely freaking out just like you thinking it was all over. I was literaly shaking!!! Anyway I started searching evrywhere for the hope that there will be more and this is what I found. The only problem now is we have to WAIT!

Micheline Great review! I felt the EXACT same way :) Like KMM's books are the Sinsar Dubh and I have a part of it in me!

Catherine Devour is the perfect word for this book - now to read it again to savour it....