Cathy's Reviews > Misery Loves Cabernet

Jan 20, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, hollywood, series
Read from March 19 to April 02, 2011

In the sequel to A Total Waste of Makeup, we are re-introduced to Charlie Edwards, personal assistant to neurotic, ego-maniac, movie star, Drew Stanton who is surrounded by her even crazier family and close friends, including diva Dawn, a wedding-bound Kate, a very pregnant Jenn, Jamie, her sex-crazed, women's advice columnist, Jordan, a long-distance boyfriend abd finally, indie producer and gorgeous Irish man, Liam. Working on her own advice book to give to her future and as yet, unborn, great-granddaughter, Charlie navigates through life trying to figure out her place in it. Still pining after Jordan, who has accepted a job in Paris, Charlie's unsure if wedding bells will ever be in her future. Cleaning up after one after another of Drew's elaborate messes - somehow having to pull him out of a toilet AGAIN - Charlie's not even sure that being the personal assistant to a big movie star is really her true calling. With the help of her girlfriends, a new love interest and some outrageous circumstances involving Drew, her mom, dad and grandmother, Mawv, Charlie may be just one step closer to figuring it all out. I enjoyed this book because the characters, especially Charlie, are really well constructed - you feel like you know them and like you are with as they venture out to yet another drag queen show on a Saturday night out. I thought the end of the book wrapped up a little too quickly - but still an enjoyable and fun read with more than its fair share of laugh out loud moments. I'd read a third Charlie Edwards book if there was one to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misery Loves Cabernet.