Nichole (Dirty H)'s Reviews > Hunger

Hunger by Amanda Young

Jan 20, 10

bookshelves: m-m, 2010
Read from January 19 to 20, 2010, read count: 1

I am really starting to like Amanda Young. And she has a pretty sizeable back catalogue. I wish I'd picked more of it for my 100 book challenge...

This was a really great story. I do have a few small complaints:

*The second half was a little overloaded with the phrase "his lover"
*I would have liked to see a little more of the reasons behind Declan and Killian's connection. They were unquestionably very cute together, but I was never really sure why they were so into each other.
*I thought Killian was far too accepting of Declan's job as a whore. He had very little trouble or discomfort with the whole issue, which seemed a little unrealistic.

But overall I really liked this story. Young has a very relaxed writing style that's very easy to read, and the sex scenes were great. I liked it and look forward to reading more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunger.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze What a ludicrous name for a book?!

Nichole (Dirty H) It's the name of the all-male brothel where poor young Declan gets a job whorin'. What, you don't love it?

message 3: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze It's SO bad, I actually might love it. Decision pending review.

Nichole (Dirty H) I'm really liking the book, actually. Not the greatest name, I'll concede, but it's pretty good.

Have you delved any further into the m/m world? You know you want to...

message 5: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze I have a ton of them in my house. Like everything else though, they keep getting back-burnered. I never read what I intend to.

I'd probably buy even more of them if I had an e-reader. I'm waiting for the nook to sort out its issues.

Nichole (Dirty H) I read on my laptop for the longest time. I finally gave in and bought a Sony PS-300. LOVE it. I don't know anything about the Nook since I already have an e-reader and don't really need to upgrade quite yet.
But, I only use my e-reader for m/m. I still get all my mainstream books either from the library or I buy them. An e-reader is not the same as a real book.

Have you read Regularly Schedule Life yet? Read it NOW. I'm putting my foot down.

message 7: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze Putting your foot down a lot lately, huh missy thang? Hey, remember, I'm the one that clued you in to the prequel stories!

:p

I like the instant gratification of the nook. I don't have a home computer, and the Sony readers don't come with wifi--correct?

Why don't you use it for other genres?

Nichole (Dirty H) No, they don't do wi-fi, but that's not something I need. I would shrivel up and die without my laptop....

I don't use it for other genres because paperbacks are more available in other genres. In this genre, it's either pay out the nose to order the paperback, (and even then a big chunk aren't available that way), or do e-books. If I could get them in paperback from the library or $5 at Target, I would. I really like my e-reader, but a physical book is still far superior. They don't run out of battery juice.

message 9: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze Ah, so you're not a real convert then. You just need to use it to access maximum smuttage.

It's all clear to me now.

Nichole (Dirty H) Michelle M. wrote: "You just need to use it to access maximum smuttage."

Of course!

message 11: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze Commendable. I applaud you in your pursuits. And in your unflinching proclamation of depravity!

::clapclapclap::

message 12: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily Nichole, this was a good book and I agree with your points. Especially how accepting Killian was.

I've got a Sony PRS-505 and love it!

Nichole (Dirty H) Thanks, Lily!

Is the 505 a touch screen? The 300 was pretty much the most basic e-reader you could get, and I didn't need anything fancy so I went for cheap. But I'm betting I'd be super jealous of yours. How awesome is it?

message 14: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily Nichole wrote: "Thanks, Lily!

No, it doesn't have the touch screen. It does have a lot of memory and navigates really well. Right now I've got over 300 books on it and lots of space left for more. It also can hold 2 SD cards for more storage. The battery life is really good and I bought a cover that has a light screen built in which is great for reading in bed or in the car at night.

Overall, I'm totally happy with it.

message 15: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Thanks so much for another well thought out review, Nichole. I'm thrilled you enjoyed Hunger.

Nichole (Dirty H) I did, Amanda - my favorite part was when Killian referred to memories of his night with Declan as his "spank bank."

message 17: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze Spank bank. That's great!

message 18: by Amanda (new) - added it