SkeletalGarden's Reviews > Mine to Kill

Mine to Kill by David St. Clair

Jan 21, 11

bookshelves: own, horror-thriller-paranormal, second-hand, freaks-and-geeks
Read in August, 2009

I read this over a year ago, so I've forgotten some of the things that occur in the novel, but from what I remember it is your general innocent-girl-becomes-possessed-and-it-torments-her-and-everyone-else-around-her-until-she-eventually-has-an-exorcism story.

This was supposedly based on a true story. A young woman named Esther, shy and living with her sister and her family, goes on her first date - which doesn't go well. The man is excessively violent toward her and disappears after their date. Not long after this, Esther begins to experience strange and terrifying things (most specifically in her bedroom... although I do recall her drinking a large glass of vinegar early in the novel), and they generally escalate to the same things you've seen in The Exorcist (objects around her goes flying violently at others, she talks to the demons, the bed rockets around like crazy, etc).

I won't give away the rest of the story, but it's not bad. It's a good fluffy, summer night read. I found the ending to be unsatisfying, however, regardless of whether or not it was based on actual events.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine to Kill.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luffy (new) - added it

Luffy Chan im sorry you might find this stupid but i dunno how can i open it to read this book..i really want to read this..>___<