Amy's Reviews > The Wednesday Sisters

The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton

Jan 20, 10

Read on January 19, 2010

This was a quick read which was nice for me right now. My brain is in overload at times and Pilgrim's Progress is not a book you can read quickly. This was not a book that I would say is a must read. I liked it. The women were real and had real problems but were able to find peace with them. Here is what I thought.

1. Women need each other. Good friends are gold, they get us through the roughest parts of life. I wouldn't be where I am now without my own set of "sisters". They come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes we search for that friend who is "just like me", the good friends are the ones that are different from us because that helps us to see life from another perspective and reminds us not to take things for granted.

2. Babies are precious!

3. I miss the days when I was able to just hang out at the park and watch my kids play. Yep I know it is hard when they are little but I miss those days!

4. I am forever grateful to have been born in a time where women can go to college, they can run a marathon if they want to, they usually have their own car, they can choose whatever career they want, and the list goes on. Yep in my heart I would love to be a stay-at-home mom but this is not my lot right now. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to move forward in life. This book has given me a new appreciation for my grandma and what life was like for her when she was my age.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wednesday Sisters.