Vered's Reviews > On the Edge

On the Edge by Ilona Andrews

May 14, 2010

bookshelves: ab-to-c, pnr, uf
Read in May, 2010

It was lovely. True, not as edgy as Kate Daniels, but a great story with great characters. I didn’t mind the oh so perfect HE. Frankly, after all the unresolved sexual tension, which was inflicted upon me lately by my favorite series, thank god someone, finally, actually HAD SEX. Not just almost, we want to but can’t cause I really hate you but secretly love you. So yeah, it was a perfect ending and I deserved it!

Rose was a great heroine. I loved her imperfect character, she was vulnerable but it didn’t diminish her strength. Declan was the perfect snarky, arrogant, hiding a big heart, devastating prince charming.. And of course Jack and George !!

I bow to Ilona’s (and Gordon) writing and imagination.

p.s Double yey for a future William’s book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Edge.

04/28/2010 "Give me some Andrews!!" 6 comments
04/28/2010 "On hold due to Vampire Diaries and Wolf Lake marathon." 28 comments
04/30/2010 page 1
0.32% "“She sighed and shot him.” Yes, I see what you all been talking about. Brilliant start." 16 comments
05/10/2010 page 115
37.22% "What sort of private activities? This time he did smile, and it turned his face wicked. “disrobe, an I’ll be happy to demonstrate”." 35 comments
05/12/2010 page 279
90.29% "William and Jack scene. Heartbreaking and beautiful!" 3 comments
show 1 hidden update…

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos I saw this book the other day at the local lib. I thought about getting it & then I said "Who the hell is this Fabio reject on the cover?" & then I put it back.

Vered He does look like Fabio reject doesn’t he!
I completely ignored him. Since I adore Ilona Andrews writing I let it slide :)

message 3: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Ignore the horrible Fabio cover. This book is fantastic!! Half urban fantasy, half paranormal romance, and complete fun!

new_user LOL. The funny thing is Ilona's writing is something you would never associate with Fabio. She's edgy. :D

Vered So true. I’ve been putting off reading these books for a while because of a false notion I had about them being too “Fabio”. Something to do with the names and the covers I guess.
he writing is actually sharp, edgy and even dark at times, which of course I love!

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos I swear, you & NU are great at peer-pressure. "Lethal you must read this broke-down Fabio look-a-like novel cause Ilona Andrews is teh shit". Ok ok ok. I give in. I put it on request.

new_user Muahaha, excellent. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Vered Hehehe. Wait till we start with the Kate Daniels must read campaign

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos EVIL. ::Lethal pulls out cross:: Back up before you get burned!

Vered If you think a cross will help you girl, you haven’t read enough UF!

Vered ::angelic smile hides much wickedness::

message 13: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Yay y'all got her to read it! This book has been one of my favorites so far this year! I cant wait for Magic Bleeds to come out!!

new_user Me too!

message 15: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Are you enjoting it so far??

Vered Very much!

Vered I love the world creation. She always has the best ideas :)
And Jack (Georgie too)!

new_user She has great ideas, and I love that the heroine has to make ends meet and you see it. A lot of heroines joke "I'm broke," but you never see the evidence.

Vered True. It’s like yeah, I can flash white but still have to put food on the table. She does good Mrs. Andrews.

new_user Yep, very real.

message 21: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Exactly. She is totally relateable instead of being on this pedastal.

I adore the kids! Most of the time I think the are obnoxious in stories (especially when the POV switches to them) but here I thought they were great and completely refreshing.

message 22: by new_user (last edited May 10, 2010 01:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

new_user They were real too! LOL. How they wanted a male figure and everything and when she described their thought patterns when they thought about disobeying her or something.

message 23: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Exactly. The Andrews team does such a fantastic job of getting into their characters heads and being able to translate that for the readers. I could really understand them all, their wants/needs/desires/etc.

Vered Yes, they are at the top of my list!

message 25: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars