~Tina~'s Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Nov 21, 2010

bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss, arc, favorites, fey-folk, read-2010, own-copy
Read from November 18 to 21, 2010

The Iron Queen continues off the last time we saw Meghan and Ash. Exiled from Nevernever and into the mortal world. Everyday normal possibilities are discussed and maybe, just maybe Meg and Ash can live in peace. Yeah, if it was only that easy.
The False King is still after Meghan and will do everything in his power to have her, for she possesses the key that will give him total power over the Iron realm.
Join Meghan, daughter of the Summer king. Ash, her beloved and Winter prince. Puck, comical genius and best friend and last, but surly not least, a familiar favor-collecting cat named Grimalkin, on yet another epic journey in hopes to stop the False king, bring balance to the Winter and Summer courts, and some where down the line find there happily ever after.
That is, if they can survive it....

Wow, I don't even know where to start. It's incredibly difficult to write a review with out wanting to scream exactly wants on your mind with out giving everything away. If this was a couple of months later then this would be written in an entirely different tone, but for now, this will have to do.

I'm always floored every time I go back to Julie Kagawa's world. It's so vivid and alive. Rich with madness, magic and mayhem that you can picture ever single creature, monster and character it's almost like watching a movie in your mind. Pure greatness.
This book was my favorite by far, it's non-stop wonders, on the edge of your seat suspense and swoon-worthy moments that turned my insides into goo.

What can I possibly say about these characters that I haven't said already? I adore them? I love them? It just doesn't sound enough.
There is a different side to Ash that we get to see. In the previous books we see our Winter prince serious, reserved, obeys his queen and denies his heart, but in this book Ash shows his true colors, and it's beautiful. Ruined-me-melts me-owns me, Beautiful.
Seriously, it's almost criminal how delicious one character can be.
The one thing that I simply adored about Puck is his great humor, but he felt rather wounded in this one and I wasn't use to it, the humor is still there mind you, but I guess it just feels...bitter. Not that I blame him though, still, if I had to pick one best friend in the literary world, then it would be Puck.
It was wonderful to see how much Meghan has grown. She's shown great strenght and determination to see things the way they should be. Even if sacrifices has to be made.
I enjoyed meeting a lot of new characters, always so animated and entertaining.

I don't want to say to much about the ending, and how much I cried. Or the romance, and how much I cried. Happy tears or sad? I can't tell you, but I will say that while this isn't exactly the ending that I wanted to happen, I'm still content with the way things played out. It's the way things should be and I'm pleased that Julie remained faithful to her characters and the world they live in.
But, dammme what an ending!?!?!

Basically, I just loved the hell out of this book and this entire series. It's always so much fun getting lost in this universe and swooning over these characters and I'm thrilled that the adventure doesn't stop here but continues on with Ash, in THE IRON KNIGHT!!

If your ever going to pick up a Fey series, even if you don't care for this particular paranormal lore, then this is the series your going to want to read. It's thee best!

Special thanks to Harlequin Teen for giving me the opportunity to read this outstanding masterpiece!

IRON KNIGHT, I NEED YOU!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

11/19/2010 page 14
4.0% "Only on pg.14 and I'm already freaken swooning!" 3 comments

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-31 of 31) </span> <span class="smallText">(31 new)</span>

Jessica Damn, I agree with everything you said! I'm going to have a helluva hard time now to come up with a decent review for this book.

Great review! <3

~Tina~ Thanks hun! My mind is still dancing around this book. Can't wait to hear what you think of it:)

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Awesome review... I stoped after the first one but I think maybe I'll give this seriese another shot :D

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I AGREE TINA, I NEED THE NEXT BOOK MORE THAN MY NEXT BREATH.

Sorry about the yelling, I just finished reading this. E-PIC.

Jessica I NEED THE IRON KNIGHT NOW!!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I'M GOING TO SURVIVE WAITING FOR IT!

message 6: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Your finished too and you cried too. Damn I really need to get reading. Today I will finish. I need to find out what happens at the end. Awesome review!

~Tina~ Thanks guys!!

TEAM ASH BABY!!

message 8: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Duuuuuuuuuuude I need a Nook so I can read this. Awesome review!

~Tina~ Request an Arc hun! This is completely Epic!

Isamlq great review :)

♥adinda ♥ i really want this book rite now

~Tina~ Thanks Isamlq! I hope you get a copy soon ♥ dinda =D

♥adinda ♥ yea ,, hope so. but i need last sacrifice badly than this

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I am literally counting the minutes 'till Last Sacrifice comes out.

Jessica Oooh, same here!!! *bounces up and down*

Adrian ♥

~Tina~ I'll be at my store at 9am like a crazy person bouncing.
We definitely need a thread for that book Bookers!! I'm sad it's the last one but I'm thankful for the spin-off:D

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I just watched the teasers. I'm freaking out.

EVERYBODY IS A SUSPECT.

~Tina~ It BETTER not be my Christian. No.Just.No!
If he dies I refuse to read the spin off.
Just saying.

message 19: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F If its Adrian...................my life will be a lie.

~Tina~ ~frowns~ I actually expect it's Adrian, or actually he's the sacrifice. I don't know who, but I think someone has to die and it's driving me mental.

Jessica NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Adrian, please :( *sniffs*

message 22: by ~Tina~ (last edited Nov 22, 2010 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ I'm hoping Nic is right and he ends up being Lissa's brother. Rose gets Dimka and Christian remains in the story and no one has to die.
Or maybe it's Mia seeking revenge after all these years and just tricking everyone that's she the good girl.
I'm grabbing at straws here. I need this book. NOW!

message 23: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I expect there will be some jaw dropping going on.

~Tina~ Or, fist pounding.

message 25: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic And tears.

~Tina~ Oh yeah, I can feel the water works starting:(

message 27: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic I refuse to go to work that day. I am ringing them and tell them it is an emergency!

message 28: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F Seriously if its Adrian........

Jessica Hahahaha ROFL XD

~Tina~ LMAO Morg!! The earth will feel it's shatter.
Mead! Don't let that happen!

Mayomi Love it :)