Leslie's Reviews > Four Blind Mice

Four Blind Mice by James Patterson

Jan 19, 10

As usual, listened to a Patterson murder mystery when driving to Virginia in the middle of the night. I need something that will keep me awake (although I'm glad this one didn't have gunshot sound effects, as that sent my dog into a tizzy last time) but that I don't need to pay close attention to. I mean, no matter what, Alex Cross is going to swear this is his last case (it won't be), he is going to fall madly in love with someone, he is going to wax poetic about how much he loves his children while continuing to neglect them, his grandmother will suffer some life-threatening illness (but of course pull through), and, obviously, he will chase a brilliant and horrible killer and come close to dying himself at least twice. Phew.

Seriously, I KNOW how bad these books are. I know. I know I should stop listening to them. But there is something comforting to me about how predictable and terrible they are.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Blind Mice.

Stephen Johnson I was just sharing with a colleague that Patterson's predictability is comforting. I choose to read his books from time to time because I would like a mindless read with little depth. You're right, these are mostly terribly written books. Yet, we read anyway because they are so simple. Having said that, I'm going to read another one soon.

message 2: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Perfect description. Totally agree with your comments. AC is a horrible dad