Danielle's Reviews > Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice that Will Inspire You to CLEAN like the DICKENS

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home by Thelma Meyer

Jan 18, 10

bookshelves: nonfiction, crafts-cooking
Read in January, 2010

This book is impressively extensive in its breadth and detail on all things domestic. The most ridiculous part about this book is that I remember my mom doing a lot of the things in it (or making us do them) and I calculate the amount I currently do to be about 1/8 of them. The idea of having specific chores each day of the week is pretty helpful, but the once a week/month/year things in this are a bit beyond me. I can safely say I have never vacuumed the vent of a dryer . . . or even thought that it was necessary to do so . . . or even know where that is on my current dryer. Also, line drying your clothes is much easier said than done when living in an apartment where the lease specifically bans outdoor clothes lines (our building is trying to maintain its image of elitism, though really, I live here and how elite can that be?). Anyway, this book is an excellent reference for stain removal techniques as well as money saving tips, however if you aspire to be like Mrs. Meyer, you'd better quit your job and get cleaning! And also start popping out 9 babies. And 22 grand-babies.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home.