Samantha's Reviews > Comanche Moon

Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson

Mar 05, 10

bookshelves: na-romance
Read from March 03 to 05, 2010

I love a good Native American Romance story. To capture the essence of the time and throw in love is truly and amazing feat. That's what Catherine Anderson was able to do in Comanche Moon. The story held so many elements such as pain, cultural clashes, love, betrayal, hope and forgiveness. Each was so wonderfully carved into the story and held my interest.

Hunter's people are attacked in a brutal raid, killing his wife and unborn child. Filled with hate for the white people, he vow venegance upon them. But how can he, when a prophecy claims he will fall in love with white woman that has had so much hurt in her life she becomes mute. Their only salvation is each other.

Years ago Loretta witnessed a raid that resulted in the death of her parents. She watched in horro as her mother was raped and then murdered and the pain caused her to shut herself in silence.

From the initial meeting of the two main characters there is tension and conflict. They both struggle with their hatred and cultural differences. I was truly immersed and captivated with the story. The pain that these characters suffer was great adn I was very emotional at times throughout this book.

My only problem (of course it did not stop me from loving this book) was Loretta. At one point in the book, I remember yelling out "Give me a break lady." Now I truly understand her pain and I knew they had to overcome alot of deep running emotions to find a connection but she fought it too hard. I lost count of the times that Hunter demonstrated that he was willing to overcome his hatred of whites to love her and then she goes and toss it all in is face. Now I truly understood her pain but at some point people have to say "what is my heart telling me?" and I felt that she never did that.

Despite the fact that I wanted to knock the Heroine upside her head, I enjoyed this book alot. Very emotional.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Comanche Moon.

03/04/2010 page 317
66.04% "Very emotional read for me. REALLY good. I stayed up late to get into and will do so tonight to finish :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MelissaB Hope you like this one! Hunter is a very intense hero.

Samantha I hope so too. I've heard so many great things about this book that I decided to bump it up higher on my list.

MelissaB I loved it. The hero is great and the story is very good, though the heroine can get on your nerves a bit.

Kathrynn Oh, one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy it, too.

MelissaB Nice review Samantha! Yeah Loretta drove me nuts sometimes too but Hunter and the story made up for it.

Kathrynn I wanted to knock her upside her head a few times, too. :-)

Rhapsody I'm glad to see other people love this book as much as me. It's one of my all-time favorite romance novels. The conflicts toward the end were really moving.