Camille's Reviews > Private Peaceful

Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo

F_50x66
Jan 18, 10

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-books-senorita-michan

In the beginning, Thomas “Tommo” Peaceful goes to school with his older brother Charlie, and where the teachers are very strict. Tommo’s dad died from saving Tommo’s life when something was about to fall on him. Big Joe is his brother, but he has brain damage and Tommo and his brother trick him into eating things and they would say it was something else. His mom got a job at the Colonel’s big house. So Grandma Wolf arrives but she isn’t really her grandmother. Grandma Wolf disrespects Big Joe because he would annoy her a lot. Charlie and Tommo joins the army because the Colonel said every man should join. Tommo and Charlie help each other out.

My text to world connection for Private Peaceful is that there are wars and fight. Help the each other out. Sometimes you have to join an army to support something. Charlie is the only person Tommo can count on.

I give this book four stars because it is really inspirational. It’s a story about love, trust, sadness, friendship and family. They all had to go through tough times and we get to see Tommo’s POV. It kind of helps us learn about World War I because they went through it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Peaceful.