Tabi34's Reviews > Black Friday

Black Friday by Alex Kava

F_50x66
Jan 18, 10

Read from January 16 to 17, 2010

I love Alex Kava's books. I'm biased so this is my love-fest review. Having just finished "Exposed", this was definitely a continuation even though the story can stand alone.

Maggie O'Dell is having a get-together with the normal main characters in the books - her partner R.J. Tulley, Gwen Patterson (psychiatrist and Tulley's girlfriend)Tulley's daughter Emma and Harvey -Maggie's dog. New to the group is Ben Platt - the doctor who treated Maggie in "Exposed". It's the day after Thanksgiving. A phone call interrupts the day. Three bombs have exploded at the Mall of America in Minneapolis and the new director wants Maggie to go with him. When she arrives, she runs into Nick Morellii, who is in all the books I've read. He's in love with Maggie. This time he's the head of the security firm that is contracted with the shopping center. Three bombs, two bombers killed, one escapes and it may be Maggie's half-brother Patrick.

Kava does a wonderful job of weaving the story together using references we all know - the Oklahoma City bombing and John Doe #2. I like that Kava is letting the readers know more about some of the secondary characters.

I almost wanted to drag out the reading of this book so that when I finished it I could start her next book, but once again this is a book I just couldn't put down and I have no idea when her next book is coming out - let's just hope it's soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Friday.