Bryn ((B2/B.P)) Ryeosomniac~~'s Reviews > Dark Visions

Jan 17, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: i-own, paranormal-romance
Read from February 09 to November 17, 2010

I am a big L.J Smith fan, and I have been for a while, but so far this would have to be my least favourite book by her.

I’ve had this book sitting on my book shelf since Christmas last year; I have been swamped by books, so I haven’t had the chance to read it-until now.

Kaitlyn Fairchild is a psychic, she can tell the future with her cryptic drawings. At school she was an outcast, which everybody was scared to go near because they thought she was a witch. One day she is offered a chance to go to Zetes Institute- a place where gifted kids go to learn how to use their gifts. She jumps at the chance to get away from her life as a nobody and to start a fresh.
Once she gets there she quickly befriends the other gifted kids. Anna; she can control animals, Lewis; has PK, he can move things with his mind, Rob the healer, and Gabriel a telepath. She instantly falls head over heels for Rob, but she isn’t the only one that has fallen in love at the institute.

The love triangle in this book reminded me A LOT of the one in the Forbidden Game. Rob= Tom the too perfect boyfriend. Gabriel= Julian The bad boy, that is in love with the heroine, and of course the heroine is torn between the two. Unlike The forbidden games this book got duller, and duller as it progressed, there were only about one or two gasp-out-loud moments, and the same goes for cute bits.

I didn’t really feel Rob and Kaitlyn’s relationship, it was rushed way too much, and her and Gabriel’s relationship just made me want to rip my hair out. I didn’t even finish this book, I gave up with about fifty pages left, I didn’t think it was worth my time.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Visions.

02/09/2010 page 130