Holly Lee (Bellas Novella)'s Reviews > The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To

The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To by D.C. Pierson

Jan 17, 10

bookshelves: 2009, amazon-vine
Read in November, 2009

I can bet that I will be thinking about this book for some time, which is usually a sign of a good book. The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To has its flaws, but I think that the overall story makes up for the flaws to a certain extent.

When you start the book you will most likely be overwhelmed by how wordy it is. It's difficult to read at times, and hard to understand if you don't follow geek culture. Once you get used to the writing the story is quite interesting.

Every high school has the nerdy kid that likes to draw cyborgs and reads graphic novels. This kid is often misunderstood, and this book highlights that fact. People appear to be afraid of the nerds, labeling them crazy, and dangerous. In fact they are probably the most harmless people in the school. Darren and Eric are the nerds in this book. They aren't plotting ways to take down the school, they are plotting the script to their movie franchise.

The interesting twist that Eric can't sleep and never has had to really adds some action to the novel. For two thirds of the book not a lot happens, we are mostly getting to know the characters. Once Erics big secret is out the game has been changed and Eric and Darren find themselves on the run, with their movie on the back burner.

Worth reading, but not worth adding to the very top of your "To Be Read" pile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To.