Renee's Reviews > Wedding Ring

F_50x66
Jan 17, 10

bookshelves: romance
Read in January, 2010

I started reading this book several months ago but had to put it down -- it was bringing up feelings in me that weren't conducive to going to sleep. I decided to try again because I'd survived reading about the intergenerational conflict in Prospect Street -- if I could enjoy that book (and get enough sleep) maybe I was ready for this one, too. I'm glad to say I was.

Wedding Ring is centered around three generations of women who are reunited when the Nancy, the daughter and mother, gets a call telling her that her mother's home is a health hazard. Both Nancy and her daughter, Tessa, respond and show up at Helen's house, uninvited and unwelcome. As the summer unfolds so do their lives, and so do the quilts that Helen has been making since her childhood.

I'm once again in awe of Richards' ability to capture the personalities of so many characters, so many lives, in one story. It's my impression that this is the first in a series of books involving quilts; I'm very much looking forward to the rest!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wedding Ring.