Gloria's Reviews > Downsiders

Downsiders by Neal Shusterman

F 50x66
Jan 17, 2010

bookshelves: advisory-10

The book Downsiders takes place in NYC. There are two groups of people, one of them are on the topside and the other is in the downside. There were two teenagers, one from the top side and one from the downside. In the downside, there is Talon and he was following this topsider, Lindsay, from underground. Lindsay spotted Talon and started to talk to him but her hair got stuck to and Talon had to save her from the coming bus so he brought her to the downside. The problem is that to downsiders were not allowed to bring anyone from the topside to the downside. However they became lovers. The Wise advisors found out that Talon brought a topsider to the downside and they plan on executing him from the downside.

I thought the book was ok. When I first read it, I thought that the book would be very boring but it wasn’t too boring. The book is written with details so that I could imagine some of the images in my head. The book didn’t change my life because I think that the experiences I go through in life is what’s going to change me. There are many themes in this book and I think that it could teach someone else something about life like determination.

I would recommend this book who likes to read a variety of genres. I think that whoever reads this book would be surprised that it is not as boring as it sounds on the blurb. There is actually more than that. There is a lot going on in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Downsiders.