Alex Matsu's Reviews > The Vile Village

The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket

Jan 17, 10

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-books

This book is about the three Beaudilaire siblings. Their parents were killed and ever since then they have been chased to multiple guardians by Count Olaf, who always ends up killing the parent. In this book the guardian is a village full of old people, except for the town janitor, who's house they live at. They are reunited with their friends the Quagmire triplets, but the triplets are then stolen away again by Count Olaf.
I made a text to world connection. Like Count Olaf, there are so many evil people in the world. People who kill for money and greed or reputation! Count Olaf finds his followers as indispensable and worthless, his girlfriend Esme, as someone to use, and the siblings as inanimate objects. People kill other all the time without it casting a shadow of guilt upon hem.
I gave this book five stars because it is funny and the plot twists are well thought out. It has a nice ending and no one dies like they do in all the other books in the series. I would recommend this to people who like mystery and drama novels

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vile Village.