Emilie's Reviews > The Girl With Glass Feet

liked it
bookshelves: 2010, mythopoetic
Read from August 06 to 07, 2010

6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl With Glass Feet.

Emilie thanks dave. (smiles) i'd love to hear your perspective. i am interested in how you will read her. and i'd like it if you see something that shifted the way i saw her.

message 2: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Very thoughtful review, Emilie. I love the title! I'm not familiar with the book or author, but it sounds like a lovely story despite its flaws.

Emilie thank you, nancy. this is the author's first novel.

message 4: by Mariel (new)

Mariel I love this review.

Sparrow I completely agree! I still liked them, but it actually did bother me that her illness was a vehicle for his emotional growth. It just kind of gives me the creeps, though it was effective.

Emilie thank you brian and mariel.

thanks meredith, i think that her illness being a vehicle for his emotional growth is creepy because it's not also a vehicle for her own. i think if she too was transforming, it wouldn't be creepy to me. would it still be creepy to you?

Sparrow No, that's exactly what I'm saying. If it were for her own transformation, she would have been less of a blow-up-doll. I think, even if (hypothetically) he had the illness, not her, and she was a sort of Pollyanna character, sent to make him realize he could live life anyway, it would have been less weird. But for her to have to be the Pollyanna and the one with the illness was almost . . . sadistic on the author's part, or something. Especially toward the end. brrr.