Gabriella's Reviews > Something Wicked This Way Comes

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

I really wanted to like this book. Truly I did. I read an excerpt from it on Amazon and thought it was charming, but about 30 pages in and charming quickly turned into irritating. The way Bradbury writes is just so confusing that half the time you really have no clue what's going on, and the other half you're bored to tears by his long, unnecessary, drawn out descriptions of the most pettiest things. Half way through I had to force myself to continue (it really wasn't that hard since the chapters were so short, so I simply read one a day).

But the characters were nice, well-rounded and all that good stuff that characters should be, and there were a few funny parts here and there. So if you're interested in the book, then go ahead and read it. You just might like it. But I'd recommend getting it from the library first before buying a copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Wicked This Way Comes.

01/17/2010 page 67
02/01/2010 page 124
42.32% "I really want to like this book, and at first it seemed like it was gonna be good, but now it's just...tedious."
show 10 hidden updates…