Rebecca's Reviews > The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall

Jan 17, 10

Read in July, 2009

I really liked this book. I found it to be interesting, inspirational, and well written. The book has a positive message. Also, the plot is great. It had the perfect amount of events, exciting areas, and drama. It also wasn't too much, but just enough on everything-from plots to enthusiasm. I liked reading about Skye a lot. She was very fun. Even though Skye is a bit sassy sometimes, she still is a full character that the book really needed to have in there. Greg was a bit awkward, but interesting. It was quite exciting to read all the adventures of the girls in the summer vacation cottage. The entire plot was all very, very, good. The sisters summer was filled to the brim with crazy, zany, adventures. From one to ten, one being the worst, ten being the best, I would rate the entire book ten. The only thing thing that wasn't the best, was Jane, I liked all the girls, including Jane, but she was a little bit boring. She had no excitement. Still, the book is almost perfectly written, with an almost perfect plot, and almost perfect characters. This book will always be one of my most favorite books. I've even recommeneded it to my sister. I think the whole book is terrific, adventurous, and wonderful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Penderwicks.