Alysha Speer's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

I LOVED IT! Dang, this book was good. There's a crazy cliffhanger ending, though. So if you read it, make sure you have the sequel closeby.
Mac Lane goes to Dublin to avenge her sister's death. She's a preppy blonde who worries about breaking a nail or what clothes she's going to wear the next day. But that all changes really fast.
Soon Mac meets Jericho Barrons, who not only helps her find out what/who she is, but keeps her alive during all of her reckless escapades.
Mac is a sidhe-seer. She sees the Fae. She sees the Unseelie--who are ugly monsters that bring death to oblivious humans, who cannot see the monster behind all the glamour--and the Seelie, who are said to be beautiful.
There are all kinds of different Fae. There is the Gray Man, the Many-Mouthed Thing, the Death-by-sex monster, Shadows, Hunters. They are all destined to do one thing: destroy humans.
What can Mac do--of course, with the help of Barrons--to help kill a race she didn't even know existed, and wasn't sure she wanted to fight?
Let's just say, once you get into it, it's lethally amazing. I can't wait to read number two!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

Quotes Alysha Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“Last night you said you wanted to know what to expect so you could better select your attire. I told you we were going to visit a vampire in a Goth-den tonight. Why, then, Ms. Lane, do you look like a perky rainbow?”

Karen Marie Moning
“I love books, by the way, way more than movies. Movies tell you what to think. A good book lets you choose a few thoughts for yourself. Movies show you the pink house. A good book tells you there's a pink house and lets you paint some of the finishing touches, maybe choose the roof style,park your own car out front. My imagination has always topped anything a movie could come up with. Case in point, those darned Harry Potter movies. That was so not what that part-Veela-chick, Fleur Delacour, looked like.”

Karen Marie Moning
“He raised a brow. 'Petunia, Ms. Lane?'
I scowled. "Ass, Barrons.”

Karen Marie Moning
“Assume' makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'.”