jenjn79's Reviews > Something More

Something More by Amanda Young

Jan 17, 10

bookshelves: format-ebook, theme-bi-menage-hea, info-full, published-2007, 2010, reviewed, genre-romance-erotic, stars-4
Recommended to jenjn79 by: random read
Recommended for: bi-menage HEA fans
Read from January 16 to 17, 2010, read count: 1

I was in the mood for a short, bi-menage story last night so I dug through my stash of ebooks and picked this one out. I had no idea what to expect from it since I didn't know anything about the author. But I was pleasantly surprised by the book. It was pretty good!

Summary:
Emma Taylor works as a waitress in Will O'Malley's pub. She's secretly been in lust with Will for a long time, despite the fact that she was engaged (and left at the altar) by his little brother. And despite the fact that Will is involved with another man (Paul). In fact, Emma is attracted to both men and secretly fantasizes about being the cheese in a Will/Paul sandwich.

What Emma doesn't know is that Will secretly lusts after her as well. He hides his feeling because of what his little brother did, because he truly loves Paul, and because even though they have brought a third into their relationship before, Will doesn't want to submit Emma to the stigma of what their atypical relationship. For Paul, he's open to anything and considers himself "try-sexual"...he'll try anything once. He's attracted to Emma and already cares about, so he decides to nudge the situation along. Which isn't hard to do, and soon the three are happy in their situation. But misunderstandings and fears may tear them apart.

Review:
Being the sort of person who doesn't believe love is sexually oriented, I tend to enjoy any book with an alternate romance (menage, bi menage, m/m, etc). I find them refreshing to read. So I figured I would enjoy this book on some level. But I ended up liking it quite a bit. It's a solid little short story.

I liked the dynamic between the three characters. They were all different in their own sort of way. Will is the sort of brooding Alpha, Paul is the happy-go-lucky Beta hero, and Emma is the good girl with a naughty side. They all fit really well together.

And whew! The sex was smokin! Definitely some super hot scenes in this book. And though the book is highly erotic, I didn't feel like the sex took over the story. There is a nice balance between the sex, the character development and the relationship development. It kept the book moving and multi-dimensional.

Sure, there could have been a bit more development on the characters, a bit more info about Will's past and what he went through when he realized he was attracted to Paul (after being strictly hetero) and Paul's past could have been explored more, but this was a shorter story. There will almost always be a few holes when the story is of the short variety.

But all in all, I found this book an enjoyable read. If you want to read a sexy story about and alternative relationship, then this is one you might want to try.

WARNING, this book contains: explicit sex and language, oral sex (m/f/m, m/f, m/m) anal sex (m/f/m, m/m), m/f/m bi-menage HEA, a little dominance play, toys, body jewelry, voyeurism...I think that's the major stuff ;)
9 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something More.

01/16/2010 page 78 "Felt like reading a bi menage story so I dug this one out of my ebook stash. Very good so far."

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 8: by Shawna (new) - added it

Shawna Great review, Isis! This sounds like a hot one...on to the TBR mountain it goes! :)

jenjn79 Thanks!

Goodreads is terribly bad for the TBR mountain, isn't it?

message 6: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Thanks for this review. I have this on my TBR and wondered what it was like:)

jenjn79 You're welcome!

Auntee Oy! That's some warning label! LOL!
I just picked this one up used.:)
Nice review, Isis!

jenjn79 Thanks, Auntee!

Hope you like it when you do read it :)

Auntee It was kind of sweet, Isis.:)

jenjn79 Ah, you finished it already? I'm behind on reading my update emails (again)...got too caught up this past weekend making mp3's off CDs to put on my iPhone.