Tammy's Reviews > Chill Factor

Chill Factor by Rachel Caine

Feb 17, 10

bookshelves: character-type-witches-mages
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I began reading this book anxious to see how the Kevin plotline would play out. As I said about him in regards to Heat Stroke, I don't like him, but I am fascinated by what someone with his background would do with ultimate power. I became more fascinated with him and the ways in which he tries to change, and also saddened with how easily he can be manipulated by anyone offering him affection. There's an edge to this I don't normally read and I think it's accurate.

I really, really, really could have done without the pregnancy. I'm not sure why I should think David is anything other than an ass for impregnating Joanne without her consent. Yeah, he had his reasons--to "protect" her--but IMO that doesn't excuse him.

I also kind of think Lewis is a jerk, because, he, too, has a habit of not telling Joanne what's going on and manipulating her. I'm not quite sure I like the Ma'at. I like the concept of them, how they balance things, but I don't like who they are personally.

Typical for Rachel Caine, the ending hits hard, setting up Joanne for an even rockier road to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chill Factor.