Jasmyn's Reviews > Time of the Twins

Time of the Twins by Margaret Weis

Jan 16, 10

bookshelves: fiction, fantasy, series, d-and-d, dragonlance, legends
Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

The first in the Legends Trilogy from the realms of DragonLance. The series starts up several years after the Chronicles Trilogy. We are revisited by three old friends, the twins, Raistlin and Caramon, and the kender, Tasslehoff. The war has changed all of them over the short time since its conclusion and the world feels at peace. But some feel otherwise, such as the cleric, Crysania, a new character that is introduced.

Raistlin has grand plans, more ambitious than anyone suspects, but he needs help. Through his manipulations, the group finds themselves magically transported to a previous age...the age of the Cataclysm where all will be forced to make the difficult choice between their lives or their soul.

The book follows the characters back in time, allowing the reader to see a point in the world's history that was often mentioned in the previous series. In the distant time the stage is set for a bottle between ambitious evil and pure goodness. The first book ends with such a cliff hanger that I just about screamed because it took so long to go grab the next one off my shelves.

5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time of the Twins.