JG (The Introverted Reader)'s Reviews > Lilah: A Forbidden Love, a People's Destiny

Lilah by Marek Halter

I came home from my last trip to the library with an armful of books based on Bible stories. I guess because it was close to Easter. This one was okay. I read the first book in the trilogy but I missed the second one. I don't think it mattered though; they're all about different women in the Old Testament. I didn't relate to Lilah very well and the ending left me outraged. I don't remember the lesser-known Old Testament stories very well, but did that really happen? I'm going to have to look it up. Anyway, the writing was a little weak. I wound up poring over the title page and publishing info to see if it had been translated from a different language.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lilah.

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Gutermuth His books are not "Christian" per se. They are based on biblical stories, but he is Jewish, so they are seen from a Hebrew perspective. The truth is that most of us Christians know very little about the Old Testament. I'm think I may get my doctorate in Hebrew and Greek so I can read the Hebrew scriptures for myself instead of from the biased viewpoints of others, be they Christian or Jewish.

JG (The Introverted Reader) I guess I shouldn't assume things, should I? I'll fix this. Thanks for letting me know.