valee's Reviews > Cuando tú llegaste

Cuando tú llegaste by Lisa Kleypas

2320890
May 12, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance

Loved this one, definitely another terrific series by LK! I can't believe I keep reading books by her and loving them all. It amazes me.

Not better than her Travises' and her wallflowers' series, but so good! Almost as good as those.

The characters were so real and so well described. The plot was amazing. I don't feel very inspired today, I guess,lol. Just wanted to say that loved this one.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cuando tú llegaste.

05/11/2010 page 50
14.2% "Loving this one. LK I was missing you terribly."
05/11/2010 page 132
37.5% "loving it!"

message 1: by KC (new) - added it

KC I wonder...does LK's prose come across as evocative when translated into spanish? I'm fluent in the language but have never read a fave author's translated works before for fear that it won't be the same.

valee It's never the same. That's why I try to read all my fav in English.Many words are even wrongly translated.

message 3: by KC (new) - added it

KC That's what I figured. Bummer. But it's the same the other way around, too. For example, Gabriel Garcia Marquez's work isn't as evocative when translated, either.

valee Yeah, I guess the best is to read it in the original language. I enjoy reading in English much more.

Ceci I read this book in english and i loved it but not as much as Dreaming of You. I don't know if it happens to you but the translation are so different and sometimes very bad... I prefer read my romance books in english because of the translations.

valee me too. I hate some translations. And it has happened to me that I disliked some books due to the bad translations.

~♥*Marianna*♥~ Lol. You're gushing.