Jirinka (sony08)'s Reviews > The Secret Diary Of Anne Boleyn

The Secret Diary Of Anne Boleyn by Robin Maxwell

Jun 19, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Recommended to Jirinka (sony08) by: RISI
Recommended for: any historical fiction fan
Read from June 11 to 18, 2010, read count: 1

10/10 - I loved this book. It very well written and even though you know how it's going to end you just have to keep on reading.

Elizabeth I. has now been The Queen of England for six months when a mysterious old woman comes to seek an audience with her. Elizabeth is then given a diary written by her mother Anne Boleyn. As Anne has been disgraced and beheaded for adultery and whitchcraft amongst other crimes, Elizabeth has never been told anything about her mother and so now is reading with a hunger for her mother she never thought she had. The diary takes you from Anne's early years before the advances of the king begin and Elizabeth for the first time has the insight into the thoughts of a young woman who is determind not to be ruled by man.

Whilst reading the diary Elizabeht must face her own nightmares and the knoledge that comes from her mother will change her reign forever.

Absolutely stunning book. I have read quite a few Tudor novels but this must come to the top. Reading the book from Anne's own point of view was very refreshing.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Diary Of Anne Boleyn.

06/11/2010 page 31
06/15/2010 page 84
32.0% "This is a very interesting book. About Elizabeth I. being given her mother's diary. This is fictional, but written very well and makes you see Anne Boleyn from a different point of view."
06/16/2010 page 137
53.0% "I love this book and just wish I had a day off to just keep reading it...."
show 13 hidden updates…