Paul's Reviews > The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind

Jan 15, 10

Read in January, 2010

Simply amazing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new) - added it

William Hayes You are one of many people who, in their reviews, describe this book as inspiring or inspirational or who gave it 5 stars.

I, too, found it inspiring. For me, inspiration is not only a rich internal experience that we desire and enjoy for its own sake. Much more than that, inspiration is also a spur to our acting in the world in some way that helps bring about a good result.

As a result of having read this book, I learned that many people living in rural Malawi are without electricity and water and was moved to make a contribution to these development projects:

The Moving Windmills Project http://movingwindmills.org/ supports Malawian-run rural economic development and education projects in Malawi, with the goals of community economic independence and self-sustainability; food, water and health security; and educational success.

The Raising Malawi Project http://raisingmalawi.org/ supports community-based organizations that provide vulnerable children and caregivers with critical resources. In addition, Raising Malawi supports non-government organizations that offer impoverished families with innovative opportunities for sustainability.
In addition, I have commented on the reviews of many readers who described the book as inspiring, encouraging them to contribute to one of these two projects. I hope that all who were so inspired are able to help bring about some good result for the rural people of Malawi.