Samantha's Reviews > Stolen Fury

Stolen Fury by Elisabeth Naughton

Mar 16, 10

bookshelves: romantic-suspense
Read from March 11 to 16, 2010

Stolen Fury is a solid, fantastic debut novel. It iss fast-paced, steamy, hot and action packed. Elisabeth Naughton has completely pulled me into her series with this first read. When I read romance suspense novels there are key elements that I look for: drama, action, romance and realistic scenarios. I got all of that and then some in this book. The action and suspense did not overshadow the romance and vice versa. There was enough of each element to satisfy my needs.

For years, Dr. Lisa Maxwell has worked hard to find three precious artifacts. Finally, gets her hands on one of the pieces, only to have it stolen by an art thief, whom she has a steamy encounter with in Milan.

Rafe Sullivan regrettably leaves Lisa in her hotel room after he steals the Fury. Thinking he has escaped her, Rafe is completely surprised when Lisa shows up on his boat in Key West. The exchange between the two is hilarious. I loved reading the constant humourous banter between Rafe and hilarious.

Realizing the only way to ger her piece back is to team up with Rafe and hunt down the other furies, leaves Lisa steaming. She vows to make him suffer and boy does she. Lisa is a bad tempered, foul mouth, fiesty, witty and smart heroine. I loved her smart mouth and quick lines. She reminded me of myself.

Rafe is a multi-layered character whom I found myself loving. He was a hot Puerto Rican who was more than what he protrayed to Lisa. I enjoyed watching Lisa slowly expose Rafe's character in pieces. The H/H was complimented each other and I flipped through each page, waiting for the moment that they realized that each other was the one. The sexual buildup was intense and I felt the heat pour off the pages.

The action scenes were intense and written so vividly that I saw the scenes unfold clearly in my mind. I felt like I was dodging bullets right along with Rafe and Lisa. The secondary characters like Hailey, Shane and Pete were well developed and I look forward to reading more about them in later books.

Overall, Stolen fury is a wonderful, intense and suspenseful read. I recommend this book for those who would enjoy a high intensity, funny and action packed romance. I believe that EN can be an auto buy for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Fury.

03/11/2010 page 70
20.65% "so far I'm enjoying this one :)" 1 comment
03/16/2010 page 300
88.5% "OMG! I'm so caught up in this book. Rafe is so hot!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (new)

valee this cover reminds me of the ones of the midnight breed series. specially Kiss of Crimson

♡Karlyn P♡ Great review! I really enjoyed this one too, and I have the next one in my TBR that I really want to get to soon! This author is also going to launch a PNR series soon too, which looks great. Her first book is called 'Marked'. I think she could be the next PNR big author as her writing and pacing is really amazing. It's going to be up to the story and world building she creates, if she can pull it off and make us believe.

Samantha KarLynP wrote: "Great review! I really enjoyed this one too, and I have the next one in my TBR that I really want to get to soon! This author is also going to launch a PNR series soon too, which looks great. Her f..."

Oh wow! I didn't know that. I have to be on the lookout for this. Thanks for sharing the info KarLynP. I almost wanted to dive into the next book tonight. LOL! I'm definitely pushing it further up my list to read. I guess I really wasn't expecting for her to "wow" me but she did.

Samantha Vale wrote: "this cover reminds me of the ones of the midnight breed series. specially Kiss of Crimson"

You're right Vale! I didn't see the similarities in the cover until you pointed it out.

message 5: by valee (new)

valee LOL. I just saw it and think immediately in the midnight breed series, LOL, the cover has the same style in my opinion.

message 6: by valee (new)

valee Amazing review Samantha, I have just added this book and 2 more from this author to my TBR pile. I'll let you know once I get to them.

AgentScully Awesome review Samantha! I must drag this out of the TBR right away.

message 8: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love Hm. I think I'm going to add this one to my TBR since everyone seems to be liking it. That's how I came to be addicted to Christy Reece and I'm not regretting it.

Great review, Samantha!