Annie's Reviews > The Lovely Bones

1199411
Jan 15, 2010

liked it
Read in January, 2010

I absolutely LOVED this book until the last 25 pages!! I hated the ending!! Whatever happened to good old fashion revenge! And what is the obsession with depressing family situations in books lately? and sex and affairs? Seriously people! write something that won't send people into a dark depression! I hated the mother in this book! I don't even want to see the movie anymore! can you tell I'm frustrated! It could have been so good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lovely Bones.

message 1: by Phillipylorna (new)

Phillipylorna Annie-I just saw this movie last night and it was depressing as well. I always love a good murder mystery but I hated the mom in the movie as well. There were no affairs but she just ups and leaves her family. What a loser. I thought it was a good movie but felt like there was no finality at the end of the movie. It also made me super scared for my kids with strangers. The little girl in the movie does a great job. I was stressed out as she realizes what the man wanted and the whole audience was holding their breaths. Go see the movie though. Tell me what you think.

Annie I Probably will. It sounds like it's probably a little different from the book. Creepy though, Because that is more like what real murderers are like than most murder mystery books. Also, in the books she comes back from the dead and possesses a girls body so she can have sex with a boy she liked. So Stupid! I will go see it and tell you all the differences.

Michelle Owens Annie,

I read this book about a year ago, and just felt icky while reading it. It was a hard book for me to finish because I just felt icky. I can't explain those feelings. I would like to see the movie to see how it compares with the book, but I will probably never read it again, and don't really recommend it to anyone. I wouldn't say NOT to read it, but for me it just didn't put me in the right place.... I don't know if that makes sense or not.